The Miss Santa Clarita Valley USA Scholarship Program is a life experience for young ladies 8 years through Adult. This program has served many generations here in Santa Clarita for the past forty years. Those who participate have the enjoyable opportunity to learn many self-esteem building skills such as; public speaking, interview technique, personal grooming, modeling/comportment and an on stage performance! Being a community service based program, the ladies chosen to be representatives build an impressive resume throughout the year for college acceptance and future career opportunities. These ladies will never walk or talk the same after the pageant workshops and year of service!
PREPARING FOR PAGEANT DAY! It’s simple and fun!
- Attend the Information Meeting on Thursday, March 14th, 2019 at the Hyatt Valencia at 6:00PM. Parents are encouraged to attend. It’s a family affair!
- Register to be a candidate for the 40th annual Miss Santa Clarita Valley USA! Now you are an official and begin your fundraising to support your dream!
- Entry Fee may be paid online or at the meeting. Now you’re off to begin the exciting journey for the crown!
- Wardrobe: Have fun with a parent or a friend to find the best look for you!
- Opening Number – an outfit that best represents you!
- Sportswear – and outfit that reflects the athletic side of you!
- Formalwear – party dress/cocktail dress/evening gown (age appropriate)
- Ballgown – the gown that girls dream of wearing!
- Interview outfit – conservative dress or suit.
- Most of these outfits are in your closet! If not, the hunt for attire is the fun part!
- Get support by selling ads for the beautiful program book. Your entire Pageant expenses may be funded through your efforts. Make a list of family, friends and businesses that you know! I’m sure they would love the opportunity to show their support for you.
- Invite your “Fan Club” to the pageant dinner! Make a list of family & friends to share in this special experience with you!
- Attend the pageant workshops to develop the best of you! It’s all so much fun and you will learn so much about yourself. Workshops are Sundays & Tuesdays are optional beginning Sunday, March 24th and Tuesday, March 26th!
AFTER THE CROWNING YOUR REIGN BEGINS
Now that you are a representative with the Miss Santa Clarita Valley USA Scholarship Program you’ll continue your journey with the following!
- Attending Chamber Grand Openings, now as a chamber member.
- Assist with community fundraisers.
- Create your personal platform project to help others.
- Attend Monthly Workshops with guest speakers learning; Etiquette, Nutrition, Organizational & Life skills, Public Speaking, Modeling, Hostess & Event Planning, etc.
- Be a Miss SCV USA Hostess for the ‘Royal Dinner’ – a scholarship fundraiser.
- Be in the July 4th SCV Parade as a Miss SCV USA representative!
- Earn the ‘Superior Queen’ title by volunteering to your heart’s desire.
- Build your Personal Scholarship Fund account.
Community service builds self-esteem, character and an impressive resume. You’ll work alongside local dignitaries with your fellow representatives. See yourself mature and develop into the person you have always wanted to be! Be an impressive YOU!